Sunday, May 10, 2020

4th Grade Seashore Surprises May 11 week


Let's end our last library time together with a trip to the beach 🌊, an island off the coast of Florida surrounded by the ocean!  I'd love for you to learn about different kinds of seashells, driftwood, mangrove trees, underwater grass beds, seining for fish, seahorses, sea urchins, and more!  Maybe that will compel you to check out lots of ocean and ocean life books when we return to school!  Reading Rainbow's LeVar Burton will introduce you to Rose Wyler's book Seashore Surprises as well as marine biologists who will show you surprises at the seashore that you can't even imagine.  I know what I'll be looking for if I go to the beach this summer!  I'll bet you'll make a (sand)bucket list of things to look for, too, after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=465jl9KHQC8&t=1069s
(You can stop at 26:00 minutes)

Enjoy!  I'll see you next time!  Have a wonderful summer!









No comments:

Post a Comment