Saturday, April 25, 2020

5th Grade Pink and Say week of April 27

Sometimes 5th graders ask me what my favorite book 📚 in the library is.   Hmmm...that's hard to answer.  Really my favorite book is whichever book I'm holding when I'm reading to you!  The same thing is true with our Civil War picture books.  My favorite one today is Pink and Say by Patricia Polacco.  Remember in 4th grade when you were studying personal narratives and we read lots of her books, starting with My Rotten, Redheaded Older BrotherRemember how we looked closely at her illustrations, too, how she starts with pencil ✐sketches and leaves the pencil marks for hair , freckles , skin ?  Remember how she sometimes places real family photographs in with her illustrations?  See if you can spy those things on the pages during this YouTube.  Oh, how I wish I could be with you as you listen to this reading of Pink and Say, especially at the end when Patricia Polacco explains who Say really was!  

Click here to get started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLf5YJloTGY

No comments:

Post a Comment